Monday, March 24, 2014

Part 1 - Saying Goodbye

Kind of feels like starting at the end. I'm preparing to say goodbye to all the work I did.

The server is running. It seems to be alright. But a week and two days ago, I was RUSHING to add as many applications as I could. I'd created installers for Office 2010, 2013 (each with two versions), .NET fx 4, Java, OMCI (we have a 90% Dell campus), Chrome, iTunes and Quicktime. I was working a mess of Adobe stuff, and a test installation failed in an unusual way. Couldn't download? I thought I was over that.

And then PXE failed.

What? I was nearly ready to deploy faculty and staff systems.

Needless to say, a rebuild of the distribution role later, the problem had become only more apparent.

So now, I'm exporting the applications in the hopes that it'll be one less thing I have to do on the other side.

Tomorrow, it begins (again)!

No comments:

Post a Comment